Yay, for awards! I haven’t received one in awhile since I’ve been doing the bare minimum on the blog while I finished up my dragon novel. But it’s a nice reminder to keep blogging and spread the blogger love! So thank you to Sara at her blog. If you don’t follow her blog yet, now is a great time to start, especially if you’re a writer. Some really awesome worksheets and posts on the different aspects of writing. I won’t lie, I’ve reblogged quite and few of those and passed on the knowledge 😉
Now on to the goods!
Here are the rules for the Infinity Dreams Award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Oh, so wow! Eleven facts about myself? Let’s see if I’ve got that many, lol.
Eleven Facts About Myself
#1: I love tomatoes, but I hate ketchup.
#2: I’m obsessed with coffee mugs, I don’t have enough room for them in my cabinet and I have to refrain from buying more.
#3: I’m a coffee addict. It’s gotten really bad, I drink coffee several times a day. Anyone wanna offer an intervention? Lol.
#4: I’m a Pinterest mom. Yep. I’ll admit it. I’m the mom that makes a zillion favors for her daughters’ class and birthday parties.
#5: I pretty much live in either flip-flops or Uggs. I own other shoes, but they’re starting to collect dust.
#6: I ran a marathon. Once. I’ll probably never do it again because I ended up with a stress fracture.
#7: I climbed Diamondhead in Hawaii at 27 weeks pregnant. I’m not crazy. I was just in really good shape…unlike now, Lol.
#8: I’m not a fan of rollercoasters. Or anything deaf-defying. Sky diving, bungee jumping – I’m out.
Ok, I can’t think of anything more, so eight will have to do.
My Answers to Sara’s Questions
- Does your personality fit your zodiac sign? How? (Or, do you believe in the accuracy of zodiac signs?) Most definitely! I’m a Virgo. I’m a perfectionist, neurotic half the time. I can be critical so a compliment from me is well earned. But I can also be very nurturing.
- What is the most chilling or frightening story you’ve ever read? Hmmm, I can’t think of one off the top of my head. But anything that sounds like it can be true, freaks me out.
- What is your favorite fruit? Hands down, watermelon. I craved it when i was pregnant, both times!
- What is your favorite room in your home? The kitchen. Not really by choice, but my laptop is here so I can watch the kids and work.
- How do you de-stress after a long day? I have small children…de-stress? What’s that? Lol.
- What was the name of your first pet? What kind of animal was it? A stray dog…and Bingo was his name O.
- What was the last funny thing that made you cry because you laughed so hard? Just now, one of my friends I chat with via social media, we like to give each other a hard time, cracking jokes.
- How do you like to pass the time during a car / train / plane ride? I wish I could read but I get motion sickness, so music it is!
- Have you ever kept a journal or diary? Yes. I’ve done the Artist’s Way, really helpful when you need to step away from your art.
- Do you speak other languages besides your native tongue? Which ones? Nope.
- In your opinion, what is one thing (tangible or intangible) that our world could use more of right now? Diversity in the arts. It’s really become mainstream in the media. As a person from a mixed background, I’d like to see a fuller more diverse approach to art and the artists behind it.
My 11 Questions for My Nominees
- If you could travel anywhere and money wasn’t an issue, where would you go?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- If you could have any other job than your current one, what would it be?
- I love coffee, do you? And if not what’s your favorite beverage?
- If you could be any super here (original not one that currently exists) what would you be? (Ex: Captain Wordsmith – defender of all things literary).
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What is one hobby that you’re especially good at?
- What is one hobby that you’d love to try that you haven’t had the money or time to attempt?
- As a kid, what was your favorite cereal?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- And I’m stealing last question because it was really good: In your opinion, what is one thing (tangible or intangible) that our world could use more of right now?
My Nominees for the Infinity Dreams Award
Now in no particular order, my nominees. Go check out their blogs, I’m sure they’d all appreciate another follow 😉 The nominees don’t have to accept this award if they’d prefer not to. Just know that I wanted to pass the good vibes onto you!
- Kathleen S. Allen – speculative fiction writer
- A Momma’s View
- Send Sunshine
- Beautiful Words
- Izzy Grabs Life
- Discovering Rachet
- Diana’s Adventures
- Rachel’s Book Nook
- A Simple Life
- Life of an El Paso Woman
- Laura Brown – author
How about you? How would you answer Sara’s questions? Or my questions, even if you aren’t nominated?